We would like to welcome you back to OSP for services!
We will be having one service (10 a.m. only) on Sundays at this time as the church has to be sanitized and cleaned after each service. A few other things will be different as we gather to worship. Here is a list of some of the practices we will be following to keep everyone safe.
- We will be sitting in pews that are properly spaced apart, and we will be seating parishioners from the front of the church to the back. We will have pews with cushions that are open, and the others are closed off. We will be spacing people throughout the church with a maximum count of approximately 50 people, at this time.
- Everyone is required to wear a mask, throughout the service.
- We will have no books or bulletins, but the service will be projected onto the screen.
- There is no congregational singing. We have recorded several hymns with some choir members and they will be played during the service.
- The offering plates will be in the entrance of the church for your offerings to be placed on. (Direct Withdrawal forms are available in the church office, and donations can also be received on our website through the CanadaHelps button). We are very grateful for your support during this time of the pandemic.
- There will be Holy Eucharist but only the bread will be distributed to parishioners. This will be done by the Rev’d Ted and Rev’d Rob, as they will come to you where you are seated. Tongs will be used.
- Sunday School will be available for children 6 years old and over. Our Sunday School will gather and stay in the Parish Hall. Children under 6 years old are to stay with their families in the church building with appropriate toys and activities.
- The Peace will be shared by nodding at your neighbours.
- Coats/jackets/etc are to be kept with you in the pew.
- At this time, the readings and prayers will be said by our ministers.
- There will be no sidespersons, processions or servers at this time and no chancel guild requirements.
- There will be no coffee hour in the Parish Hall following the service.
- A Contact Tracing Record will be kept for health reasons in case of a Covid-19 outbreak (not used for attendance keeping).
- No one is required to attend this or any service if you do not feel safe.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call our office (519) 537-3912 during business hours.